February 27, 2023
At Bennett GM, we are always looking to expand and grow our business. Valuing accountability, integrity, and professionalism, Bennett GM is proud to continuously employ the best people.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Auto Body Technician to our team at Bennett GM.
The Auto Body Technician is responsible for numerous tasks ranging from simple dents to realigning damaged car frames. Precision and attention to detail is a must to be successful within this role. Auto Body Technicians use specialty tools to perform work duties. Some of these tools would be pick hammers, hydraulic jacks, and hand tools.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools or hand tools
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents using hammers
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas
- 2 + years of Body Technician experience with a strong working knowledge of collision repair and all shop related equipment is preferred
- Must have good time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience in a dealership or a collision center is an asset
- Valid drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.41 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Schedule: 8 hour shift
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org